Engage with us
There are several ways to get in touch with the Hudi community.
|When?||Channel to use|
|For any general questions, user support, development discussions||Dev Mailing list (Subscribe, Unsubscribe, Archives). Empty email works for subscribe/unsubscribe. Please use gists to share code/stacktraces on the email.|
|For reporting bugs or issues or discover known issues||Please use ASF Hudi JIRA. See #here for access|
|For quick pings & 1-1 chats||Join our slack group. In case your mail domain is not there in pre-approved list for joining slack group, please check out the github issue|
|For proposing large features, changes||Start a RFC. Instructions here.|
|See #here for wiki access|
|For stream of commits, pull requests etc||Commits Mailing list (Subscribe, Unsubscribe, Archives)|
Apache Hudi community welcomes contributions from anyone!
Here are few ways, you can get involved.
- Ask (and/or) answer questions on our support channels listed above.
- Review code or RFCs
- Help improve documentation
- Author blogs on our wiki
- Testing; Improving out-of-box experience by reporting bugs
- Share new ideas/directions to pursue or propose a new RFC
- Contributing code to the project (newbie JIRAs)
Become a Committer
We are always looking for strong contributors, who can become committers on the project. Committers are chosen by a majority vote of the Apache Hudi PMC, after a discussion on their candidacy based on the following criteria (not exclusive/comprehensive).
- Embodies the ASF model code of conduct
- Has made significant technical contributions such as submitting PRs, filing bugs, testing, benchmarking, authoring RFCs, providing feedback/code reviews (+ more).
- Has helped the community over a few months, by answering questions on support channels above and triaging issues/jiras.
- Demonstrates clear code/design ownership of a component or code area (eg: Delta Streamer, Hive/Presto Integration etc).
- Brought thought leadership and new ideas into the project and evangelized them with the community via conference talks, blog posts.
- Great citizenship in helping with all peripheral (but very critical) work like site maintenance, wiki/jira cleanups and so on.
- Proven commitment to the project by way of upholding all agreed upon processes, conventions and principles of the community.
|Anbu Cheeralan||PPMC, Committer||anchee|
|Bhavani Sudha||PPMC, Committer||bhavanisudha|
|Balaji Varadarajan||PPMC, Committer||vbalaji|
|Kishore Gopalakrishna||PPMC, Committer||kishoreg|
|Luciano Resende||PPMC, Committer||lresende|
|Nishith Agarwal||PPMC, Committer||nagarwal|
|Prasanna Rajaperumal||PPMC, Committer||prasanna|
|Shaofeng Li||PPMC, Committer||leesf|
|Suneel Marthi||PPMC, Committer||smarthi|
|Thomas Weise||PPMC, Committer||thw|
|vinoth chandar||PPMC, Committer||vinoth|
|Zeeshan Qureshi||PPMC, Committer||zqureshi|
Useful resources for contributing can be found under the “Quick Links” left menu. Specifically, please refer to the detailed contribution guide.
It’s useful to obtain few accounts to be able to effectively contribute to Hudi.
- Github account is needed to send pull requests to Hudi
- Sign-up/in to the Apache JIRA. Then please email the dev mailing list with your username, asking to be added as a contributor to the project. This enables you to assign/be-assigned tickets and comment on them.
- Sign-up/in to the Apache cWiki, to be able to contribute to the wiki pages/RFCs.